« Back to the list

Prinner, Anton

1902 — 1983

Her original name was Anna Prinner, which was the name she went under in art encyclopedias between the two world wars. She studied painting under Gyula Rudnay and János Vaszary at the Academy of Fine Arts from 1920 to 1924, and worked in the summers at the Nagybánya artists colony. In 1928 she moved to Paris to become a close friend of Ferenc Martyn and Gábor Peterdi. She was engaged in occultism and esoterism, and made illustrations for the magical ancient Egyptian texts in 1948. In 1950 she moved to Vallauris where she made ceramics for the Atelier Tapis-Vert.
Bibliography: L. VOIGHT, D. FOREST: Anton Prinner, Céramique de peintres et de sculpteurs, Vallauris, 1995.


« Back to the list